Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Diwali!!

Here in India, we are now celebrating Diwali - the festival of lights. It really reminds a lot of Christmas back home, have lots of bright decorations and "Christmas lights" on all the buildings around and people give each other presents. Many also take the whole week off; two days (yesterday and today) have been public holidays for me and my colleagues. On Monday, we had a Diwali celebration at work with games, fireworks and a catwalk for all of us wearing traditional Indian wear. Great fun! The Indians really knows how to have fun and celebrate :)
 
Colleagues enjoying a snack. Funny how at Indian parties always all the men end up at one side and women on the other..
 
Some of my colleagues in their beautiful saris
 
Fireworks at our rooftop terrace at work





















Yesterday, I went to a friend's place for a little Diwali celebration, we enjoyed some good food and wine while watching the fireworks. Oh, my god, the fireworks have been full on here the last couple of days and yesterday it was just crazy! They really do not have the same security measures here as back home...Firework is shooting out everywhere in all directions, on people's balconies inside garages etc.! But, hey we are having fun J  

Happy Diwali and Hindu New Near!!

 

So today I was supposed to go to a mall and do some necessary shopping… (Yes, all shopping is necessary and when I say I need another pair of shoes, I do!) But, however, my driver called in sick…Hmm…Not a 100% sure I believe he actually was sick…Maybe just celebrated Diwali and the new year a bit too much yesterday…
But as a bonus, the maid came today! She was supposed to come yesterday…. But , man this is India, you cannot always get it to work your way so just roll with it the best you can…

Just a little update from Mumbai where it is all bling-bling and boom-boom celebrations at the moment! Have definetely learned that festivals in India are LOUD and FUN :)

 
View from the office
 
My bulding decorated for Diwali


No comments:

Post a Comment